At PACK EXPO Epson Robots has announced the new high performance Force Guide integrated force guidance solution which takes robot automation to the next level with amazing precision and outstanding rigidity. Epson Force Guide is a tightly integrated force control system that allows Epson Robots to sense and make precision moves using force feedback data. Powered by proprietary Epson Quartz Technology, it enables Epson robots to detect six axes of force with precision down to 0.1 N. Driven by real-time servo system integration, Force Guide delivers fast, tactile feedback to guide robots for high-precision parts placement.
Designed for easy configuration and set up, the Epson Force Guide integrated solution features a point-and-click interface with pre-configured solutions and built-in objects, reducing the development time for applications which require high precision. It is perfect for tasks such as part insertion, screw driving, grinding/polishing and more.
- Powerful performance ― integrated force control system driven by proprietary Quartz Technology from Epson
- Ultra precise ― detects force and adjusts motion with amazing precision ― down to 0.1 N
- Superior rigidity ― durable sensor built to withstand excessive force
- Fast robot/force guidance response ― internal sensor with real-time servo system integration
- Point-and-click setup ― easy-to-use interface with graphical wizards, charts and more
- Fast, easy implementation ― helps reduce the amount of coding with decision-based flowcharts and intelligent objects
- Real-time monitoring and data logging of force feedback ― for quality control
- Multi-axis force/torque sensor ― includes three linear and three rotational measurement axes
- Easy set up and configuration ― fully integrated into the Epson RC+ development environment
- Simplify common force guidance applications ― perfect for tasks such as screw driving, part insertion, grinding/polishing and more
About Epson Robots
Epson Robots is a global provider in PC controlled precision factory automation, with an installed base of well over 65,000 robots worldwide and a product line of hundreds of models of easy to use SCARA, Cartesian and 6-axis robots based on a common PC based platform. Building on a 35+ year heritage, Epson Robots today delivers robots for precision assembly and material handling applications in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, biotechnology, consumer product, electronics, food processing, medical device, pharmaceutical, plastics, semiconductor, and telecommunication industries. For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.com.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corp., the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, CA, is Epson’s regional headquarters for the US, Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit epson.com.