LONDON, UK, Sep 4, 2018 – ENGYS has announced the v3.1.0 release of HELYX, a general-purpose computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimisation based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). This release also features new versions of the add-on solver modules HELYX-Adjoint, HELYX-Coupled, HELYX-Marine and HELYX-Hydro. This launch coincides with the forthcoming ENGYS User Group Meeting 2018 to be hosted at the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building in London, UK, on 3, 4 and 5 September.
HELYX v3.1.0 is a major step forward in terms of quality and capabilities, offering several bug fixes and refinements with respect to previous versions of the software. Additionally, the following new features and enhancements have been added for the benefit of all users:
- Added support for our new dualized hex-dominant meshing algorithm.
- Added support (beta) for Generalised Internal Boundaries (GIB).
- New multi-phase flow solvers, including a dispersed Eulerian solver framework for handling diluted particle clouds and an algebraic slip two-phase solver.
- Improved interface for volumetric sources and cell zones based motion in the GUI.
- Complete code refactoring for handling boundary conditions in the GUI.
- New options for field process and export functions.
- New topology and shape optimization tools in HELYX-Adjoint add-on, including support (beta) for transient adjoint, thermal and mixing.
- Improved setup for HELYX-Coupled add-on.
- New captive manoeuvring simulation solver in HELYX-Marine add-on.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialized add-on modules for adjoint-based optimization and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux.
For more information, visit https://engys.com.