LONDON, UK, Jan 29, 2019 – Creative Fields, a provider of the state-of-the-art CFD meshing software, has announced the release of CF-MESH+ 2.2. CF-MESH+ is a fully automated and easy-to-use CFD meshing software solution that features a powerful set of tools and functionalities for generation of quality CFD meshes in arbitrary complex geometries of industrial interest.
CF-MESH+ 2.2 is the latest CFD meshing software version developed by Creative Fields. It comprises advanced meshing workflows with an easy-to-use front-end interface allowing for superior user experience and efficiency. The implemented methodology generates meshes with millions of cells within minutes for geometries of real-world interest.
“We are proud to present to our users the latest achievements in CF-MESH+. Our focus was on helping users without much expertise in CFD meshing generate meshes with high-quality boundary layers in real-world industrial geometries.” said Franjo Juretic, head of development and managing director at Creative Fields.
CF-MESH+ 2.2 features advanced meshing capabilities that allow generation of industrial quality meshes in fully automatic fashion. The meshing setup is designed to be simple and intuitive with an easy-to-navigate graphical user interface for novice users. The volume mesh density can be controlled locally by using a multitude of refinement sources available in CF-MESH+.
- Boundary layers: Automatic robust generation of smooth boundary layers is a very powerful feature in CF-MESH+. A simplified boundary layer setup & iterative boundary layer creation procedure is available where the user only prescribes the desired boundary layer number and thickness parameters.
- Refinement: Simple creation of refinement regions in order to reduce the number of iterations required to generate the desired mesh is provided where the regions can be boundaries, selected patches/faces/edges/vertices, primitive objects, or auxiliary surface meshes.
- Anisotropic meshing: Object-based anisotropic settings and anisotropic grading are available.
- Gaps and thin features: Global and local options are available to preserve or remove cells in thin gaps.
- Feature edges: Support of feature edges that need to be captured in the mesh.
- Robust: Tolerant to poor surface quality. CF-MESH+ performs surface wrapping and volume meshing at the same time while requiring minimum user input.
- Parallelization: Most of the meshing algorithms are SMP parallelized for maximum performance.
- Input: Triangulated surface input formats: STL, STLB, FMS.
- Meshing Algorithms: Cartesian 2D and 3D meshes, hexahedral meshes, tetrahedral meshes and arbitrary polyhedral meshes.
- Output mesh formats: OpenFOAM, Fluent, CGNS, AVL Fire.
A short video illustrating the advanced boundary layer technologyin CF-MESH+ is available here.
About Creative Fields
Creative Fields was founded in 2014 with a vision to become a CFD meshing champion by providing competitive and creative solutions to meet CFD meshing needs. Their focus is being at the frontiers of the latest developments in CFD meshing enabling the best value-for-money proposition on the market for CFD meshing. Creative Fields operates from offices in London (UK) and Zagreb (Croatia).
Please refer to their website https://cfmesh.com/meshing-software/ for more information.