Creaform has announced that its latest product innovation is the recipient of Red Dot Award: Product Design 2017. The MaxSHOT Next optical coordinate measuring system was selected among 5,500 entries from 54 countries for its high-design quality and innovation.
The new MaxSHOT 3D is designed to provide users, and not just metrology experts, with photogrammetry abilities while enabling them to move freely around the parts thanks to its new design and enhanced capabilities. Building on the product’s portability and unique characteristics that make it ideal for photogrammetry applications, the new MaxSHOT 3D features simple lines that are integrated into a sleek, funnel design that evoke precision:
- Lightweight proportioned construction and well-balanced center of gravity for maximum freedom of movement.
- Intuitive grip designed for effortless operations around large parts.
- Integrated laser indicators that reflects on parts for live feedback, which guides users to take the right pictures.
- Heat sink optimized with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) heat transfer analysis.
- Multifunction buttons that ensure increased user efficiency and complete integration with Creaform’s VXelements 3D software platform and application suite.
The MaxSHOT 3D made its first appearance in May 2017 at CONTROL in Stuttgart, Germany and moves on to other tradeshows across America, Europe and Asia. For a complete list of upcoming events, visit the website.
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions, such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, healthcare, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, and research and education.
With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis and Grenoble, France, and has direct sales operations in the United States, France, Germany, Brazil, China, Japan, India, Korea and Singapore.
Creaform is a unit of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of approximately $4.0 billion.
For more information, visit www.creaform3d.com.