Cosworth will unveil its new advanced manufacturing center and North American Headquarters on June 25 – a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, MI built for the design and development of the “car of the future” technology. With a 60-year legacy, the company best known for pushing the limits of possibility in modern automotive solutions will include a demonstration of a truly solid state LiDAR sensor technology. This surface-scanning technology is essential to the success of autonomous and driver-assisted vehicles.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has been invited to provide opening remarks.
When: Monday, June 25, 2018, ceremony begins at 10:30AM. The news media is encouraged to arrive early (9:30AM) for photos and interviews. Buffet lunch provided at 12 noon.
Who: Several of the who’s who of Detroit and the automotive world will be in attendance to celebrate the day and provide remarks, including:
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
- Cosworth Co-owner Jerry Forsythe
- Renovo.auto Chief Commercial Officer Damien Scott
- Shelby Township Supervisor Richard Stathakis
- Cosworth CEO Hal Reisiger
What: A “push the button” ceremony for Cosworth’s new North American Headquarters that will include a $50 million investment from Cosworth and will attract innovative companies and tech workers to the area. Upon completion, the new advanced manufacturing facility will be capable of producing Cosworth’s full electronic and powertrain value streams, solid state sensors, engineering software, hybrid engine technologies and consultative services.
The grand opening event will feature the past, present, and future of Cosworth’s game-changing technologies and is an opportunity for excellent visuals:
- Demonstration of a truly solid state LiDAR sensor technology
- Tour of the highly automated, precision robotics manufacturing center
- Corvette driving simulator equipped with Cosworth-patented AliveDrive technology
- Cadillac, Camaro and Corvette models equipped with Cosworth-patented AliveDrive technology
Where: 52685 Shelby Parkway, Shelby Township, MI 48315 (valet parking available)
For more information, visit Cosworth website.