FARMINGTON HILLS, MI, Apr 9, 2015 – CCE, a leading provider in advanced interoperability technology and engineering services, has released significant updates of its Open Data Exchange (ODX) libraries with specific enhancements for Autodesk Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, and JT file formats.
“Here at CCE, we work with some of the largest CAD/CAM/CAE ISVs, who in turn serve some of the biggest and most demanding corporations in the world today. CAD interoperability is a strategic technology for our ISV customers and our shared success depends on our ability to constantly keep our software updated with new enhancements. This latest update of the ODX libraries have some significant enhancements, some of which were specifically requested by our customers,” said Vinay Wagle, CCE’s vice president of sales and marketing.
Some of the key enhancements include:
- Meta-data support has been improved by providing assembly level body type and bounding box for work plane and work axis.
- The reader has been enhanced in order to support annotations for 2015 documents.
- A new API has been added to provide the assembly path data using persistence identifiers.
- Attribute support has been enhanced by allowing users to set visibility status and names for default reference planes.
- Version support has been extended to support read JT 10.0 files.
ODX/SE (Solid Edge)
- Support has been added for part weldment (*.pwd) files.
- Persistence support has been improved by giving document persistence identifier (UUID).
- Attribute support has been improved by providing the following:
– Curve default color
– Line width for edges/curves
– Body visualization properties (diffusive color, ambient color, transparency, shininess, and more)
– Entity names in UTF-8 format
To learn more about the ODX libraries visit – http://www.cadcam-e.com/development-tools/cad-libraries.aspx.
About Open Data Exchange (ODX)
Open Data Exchange (ODX) libraries read & write Native CAD data. File formats that are currently supported for ODX include CATIA V4, CATIA V5, CATIA V6, NX, Inventor, SOLIDWORKS, Pro/ENGINEER (Creo), JT, Solid Edge, Parasolid, IGES, STEP, 3D PDF, VDA, & STL. Applications developed using ODX libraries are independent of CAD. The libraries written in C & C++ are easy to implement & follow software releases via continuous updates. Apart from licensing the library components, they also provide integrations services to integrate out libraries into customer applications. The true benefit of using our ODX libraries is the reduced cost to the user. Their ODX libraries do not require CAD software or licenses, which can be quite costly. ODX gives the user the ability to read & write native CAD files without the cost of ownership associated with the CAD system.
Incorporated in Michigan, CCE has more than 25 years of CAD/CAM/CAE software development experience, as well as an extensive background in related services. Since 1989, CCE’s focus in CAD technology & application development has spearheaded its mission to deliver customers value through innovative, disciplined, and communications-focused technology products and services. CCE has offices located in Farmington Hills, Michigan and Fort Lee, New Jersey.