Hardinge Inc. has announced the introduction of the VOUMARD 1000 Universal CNC Internal grinding (IG) machine. The new VOUMARD 1000 offers a high-performance, economical grinder for the widest range of universal internal grinding requirements to obtain fine surface finishes and tight tolerances. Designed and manufactured with Hardinge’s high quality and focus on innovation, the all new VOUMARD 1000 is a new standard in ID grinding, providing customers with the ultimate combination of precision, performance in an affordable machine designed to optimize production costs when manufacturing high-precision parts for industries ranging from aerospace to medical.
Launched at AUTOBAU AG, VOUMARD 1000 offers almost infinite configuration options for the widest range of grinding operations. The machine replaces the popular VOUMARD 110, VOUMARD 130 and parts of the VOUMARD 150 series. Prepared to machine work pieces with a length of 300mm length and 300mm swing diameter over the table. Customers can now get the following benefits and features:
- Innovative HYDROLIN hydrostatic guideways provide the highest performance – The VOUMARD 1000 features the newest generation of hydrostatic guideways on all axis for superb precision and productivity. It provides excellent damping, stick-slip-free operation and high rigidity (wraparound guideway), resulting in outstanding surface quality and more reliability without any friction loss and wear.
- Ultra-precision accuracy with a fast oscillation for even the smallest diameters to enhance productivity– The VOUMARD 1000’s unique design does not have coupling joints to perform without any backlash, offer superior positioning accuracy-less corrections, as well as optimized thermodynamics in its direct drive linear motor system for better cooling management.
- Unique, compact hydrostatic spindle turret configuration for ideal accessibility and larger spectrum of parts. The new system offers a hydrostatic B-axis, with benchmarking positioning repeatability.
- Advantages in high precision also in non-round grinding and improved accessibility with compact “table turret” collision-free dressing – The table turret on the hydrostatic B2 axis, can optionally be equipped with a workhead and a high-precision rotation axis (C axis) with direct measuring system and torque motor. Enabling maximum roundness and precision in the fine adjustment of the cylindricity of the inner diameter during cylindrical grinding. A large selection of clamping devices and steady rests completes the available options.
- New compact, ergonomic machine design for better overview during grinding process and accessibility for best in class tool and work piece management.
- Fanuc 31i control for improved operator access, fast programming and retooling, even for inexperienced operators. The latest BLUE solution software created specifically for the Hardinge grinding product brands will be available on the new VOUMARD 1000 with object guide for easy operation and short set up times. BLACK CAM Solution for CAM Functionality is available optional.
To learn more about the new VOUMARD 1000, please visit https://www.hardinge.com/product/voumard-1000.
About Hardinge Inc.
Hardinge, Inc. is the global provider of high precision, computer-controlled machine tool solutions for critical, hard-to-machine metal parts and advanced workholding accessories. With over 125 years of experience, Hardinge offers the largest variety of metal-cutting turning machines, grinding machines, machining centers, collets, chucks, index fixtures, repair parts, standard and specialty workholding devices, and other machine tool accessories. Hardinge’s solutions can be found in a broad base of industries including aerospace, agricultural, automotive, construction, consumer products, defense, energy, medical, technology, and transportation. Headquartered in Berwyn, PA, the company designs, manufactures, and distributes machine tools in over 65 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia.
For more information about Hardinge, please visit www.hardinge.com.
Carlson Machine Control has introduced the Vsx7 multi-frequency position and heading receiver. The Vsx7 is a multiGNSS receiver designed specifically for machine control and can be installed on excavators, drills, pile drivers, and more.
Paired with the Carlson A45 antennas, the Vsx7 features high-precision positioning in Athena RTK, Atlas L-band, and SBAS and heading accuracy of up to .01 degrees. The whole Vsx7 system is designed to operate in harsh conditions from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be mounted either by bolts or with magnets depending on the application and external environment.
The Vsx7 is primarily used in the mining and construction industries but can be adopted into similar industries with its companion software, Carlson Grade. Field data can be collected and viewed in real-time both at the machine with either, the MC8 or MC10 control box as well as in the office with Carlson Command.
Carlson Grade is a machine guidance software solution that can be adapted to any heavy machine for grading, excavating, mining, shoveling, drilling, pile driving, and landfill operation. Carlson Grade provides real-time field reporting and allows operators to view where they are in the project and at all times.
Carlson Command is a site management software solution that provides multiple viewing options of multiple and single machines in real-time. Command allows machine positions to be viewed as well as cut/fill and elevation. Managers can also remote into machines and transmit messages directly to an operator.
About Carlson Software Inc.
Founded in 1983, Carlson Software Inc. specializes in CAD design software, field data collection, laser measurement and machine control products for the civil engineering, surveying, GIS, construction, and mining industries worldwide, providing one-source technology solutions for the entire project cycle. Carlson Software is headquartered in Maysville, KY, USA, with branch offices in Boston, MA; Almere, The Netherlands; Brisbane, Australia; Ottawa, Canada; and York, England.
German software developer SCHOTT SYSTEME has introduced their latest Pictures by PC CAD/CAM software update on the METAV 2020 exhibition in Düsseldorf.
The update is an addition to their existing Pictures by PC version 3.8, and includes new functionality for both 3D and 2.5D prismatic machining.
Adding to their existing HPC (high performance cutting) capabilities, new toolpath algorithms written by SCHOTT SYSTEME GmbH facilitate the generation of HPC toolpaths on even more complex 3D geometry (solids, surfaces and mesh models – STL). Machinists also have more control, such as the implementation of differing 3D offset values in the XY and Z directions. This control is also added to their existing range of 3D HSC (High Speed Cutting) finishing operations such as spiral and hybrid machining.
Enhancements to 2.5D prismatic machining include spiral contouring (a continuous fluid spiral toolpath without stepped Z increments) and 2D finishing with multiple side increments (within a single operation).
For those working with plate material, a new automatic tagging routine also ensures parts remain fixed in position after milling. Typical 2.5D prismatic parts also gain from improvements to the software’s existing hole and pocket recognition tools, whereby features now result in the generation of corresponding CAM operations and tooling.
About SCHOTT SYSTEME GmbH
The end of 2019 also saw 35 years of product continuity for SCHOTT SYSTEME GmbH, with their original Pictures by PC software first being released back in 1983.
For more information, visit www.schott-systeme.com.