New features have been added and corrections have been implemented for identified issues.
This release of v15.2.4 implements enhancements and code corrections on the v15.2.x branch.
Note that ANSA / µETA v15.2.1 had been revoked.
New Features in ANSA
- Support of new CT libraries for CATIA.
Connections & Assembly
- Enhancements made in the Connection Manager interface.
- Enhancements made in connections representations.
- Perimeters start/end points and vectors information make capable the nodal spacing through scripting.
Known Issues Resolved in ANSA
Connections & Assembly
- The “Step Length” option would not be respected by EDGE-WELD-SHELL.
- The nodes of the RBE3 elements were not pasted on pentahedral elements.
- Fill>Gaps: Performance improvement for cases with big number of identified gaps.
- Layers: Performance improvements in layers generation for cases where side macroareas consisted on multiple faces.
- The script function VolumesOffset would not consider the option to start from the middle surface.
- M00 file formats would occasionally read incorrectly the tree format and the Module Ids.
- Non-visible entities would participate in flanges detection.
- Reading Special Numbering rules would not be displayed when the option “Filter by source with expression” was used.
- Abaqus: Occasionally the *DAMAGE INITIATION options were not read through the MAT DB.
- PAM-CRASH: The Dependency check would wrongly report the NCOG node after conversion of OTMCO to PAM RBODY.
- ANSYS: Applying Pre-tension through GEB_BC would occasionally lead to unexpected termination.
- The issue with the misleading color of frozen control points has been resolved.
- Create>Bead: A missing check for the radius fields would occasionally prevent optimal mesh.
New Features in μETA
- Support of ANSYS elements SOLID87 and SOLID90.
- Support of THESEUS-FE results RP02 and YPREC.
User Field Functions
- Applicable to CFD analyses, new element result “cellheight” assigns to the wall parts, as scalar function, the height of the first cell of the fluid.
Known issues resolved in µETA
- Incorrect calculation of centroid values for certain ANSYS TRIA6 elements.
- Incorrect reading of the LS-Dyna *ELEMENT_SHELL_THICKNESS_OFFSET keyword.
- Incorrect reading of certain ANSA Parts from ANSA comments that contained LAMINATE information.
- Stress Linearization results were not calculated for newly added paths.
- For RADIOSS T0x files it was not possible to plot graphs of follow nodes if the nodes belonged to different time history ids.
- In the FRF Assembly tool the transfer functions plot would be empty if the option Sum x,y,z transfer paths was enabled.
- In the modal response tool, when reading loadcases from Nastran files, the local coordinate systems of excitation nodes were not referenced.
Compatibility and Supported Platforms
- ANSA files saved by all the first and second point releases of a major version are compatible to each other. New major versions can read files saved by previous ones but not vice versa.
- The .metadb files saved with μETA version 15.3.0 are compatible and can be opened by earlier versions of μETA.
- Support for 32-bit platform has been discontinued for all operating systems.
- ANSA: Hexablock Structural
- ANSA: Morphing Basic
- Optimization with ANSA & µETA
Where to download from
Customers who are served directly by BETA CAE Systems, or its subsidiaries, may download the new software, examples and documentation from their account on our server. They can access their account through the “user login” link at http://www.beta-cae.gr.
Contact them if you miss your account details. The [Public] link will give you access to the public downloads area.
Customers who are served by a local business agent should contact the local support channel for software distribution details.
What to download
All files required for the installation of this version reside in the folder named “BETA_CAE_Systems_v15.3.0” and are dated as of May 15, 2015. These files should replace any pre-releases or other files downloaded prior to that date.
The distribution of this version of our pre- and post-processing suite is packaged in one, single, unified installation file, that invokes the respective installer and guides the procedure for the installation of the required components.
For the installation of the software on each platform type, the.sh installer file residing in the folder with respective platform name, for Linux and MacOS or the respective .msi installer file for Windows, 64bit, have to be downloaded.
In addition to the above, optionally, the µETA Viewer is available to be downloaded for each supported platform.
The tutorials and the example files reside in the folder named “TUTORIALS”. This folder includes the complete package of the tutorials and example files, and a package with only the updated ones.
The Abaqus libraries required for the post-processing of Abaqus .odb files are included in the installation package and can be optionally unpacked.
Earlier software releases are also available in the sub-directory called “old” or in a folder named after the product and version number.
About BETA CAE Systems S.A.
BETA CAE Systems S.A., headquartered in Thessaloniki, Greece, is a private engineering software company committed to the development of state of the art CAE software systems that meet the requirements of all simulation disciplines. The company’s products, the ANSA/µETA pre- & post-processing suite, and SPDRM, the simulation-process-data-and-resources manager, hold a worldwide leading position across a range of industries, including the automotive, railway vehicles, aerospace, motorsports, chemical processes engineering, energy, electronics, heavy machinery, power tools, and biomechanics.
Committed to its mission to produce best-in-class CAE software systems, BETA CAE Systems offers products that consistently exceed expectations and provides exemplary technical support to its customers. The company’s continuously growth attest to the high level of customer satisfaction and user confidence.