PHOENIXVILLE, PA, June 28, 2018 – Andersson Technologies LLC has released SynthEyes 1806, the latest version of its 3D tracking and match-moving application for Windows, macOS, and Linux. The new release concentrates on enhancements to SynthEyes’s solver, adding features and further increasing its already well-known, project-saving, performance and productivity.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Major solver advancements, including “order-of-magnitude” performance improvements for large scenes.
- New Advanced Lens Distortion controls in the solver, especially for better handling of the cropped fisheye lenses from “action cameras” and drones.
- Updated After Effects distortion plugin supporting cubic and quartic coefficients, so footage undistortion and redistortion can happen within After Effects.
- New Advanced Solver Settings window for more detailed control over the solving process.
- Object tracks now support locks on individual axes, for example only Z or only roll, rather than all three position axes or all three rotation axes. (Pro version only)
- Zero-weighted frames on the solver locking panel — specified frames don’t affect trackers, or therefore indirectly other frames.
- Frame-decimated solves (every third or fourth frame, say), for additional acceleration of long shots.
- The solver can determine the rolling shutter coefficient on ordinary scenes.
- New “Unsolve” (a frame range) script to help work through long shots incrementally.
- New “Find erratic tracker” tool for detecting problematic trackers before solving.
- A new right-click menu on the time bar for better playback range management.
- A large number of additional improvements and bug fixes.
The underlying lens solving features introduced now will make even further advances possible in forthcoming versions.
Watch three new tutorials and more to come at https://www.ssontech.com/tutes/tutelatest.html
The free demonstration version of SynthEyes on Windows, macOS, or Linux can be downloaded starting athttps://www.ssontech.com/regis.html
Pricing and Availability
The new version is available immediately. For in-support SynthEyes customers, the new version comes at no extra cost. Upgrade or renewal pricing for earlier SynthEyes customers varies depending on the details. Customers should use the online store to determine specific upgrade and non-USD pricing for all versions.
New licenses of SynthEyes Pro cost 499 USD. The cross-platform Pro license runs 599 USD. Floating Pro licenses are 699 USD each; there is a one-time per-site license manager/setup charge of 250 USD for floating licenses. For students and hobbyists, an entry-level Intro version (https://www.ssontech.com/introlim.html) is 299 USD. Purchasing is online or via listed resellers.
A one-year site license for qualifying educational institutions is 495 USD (https://www.ssontech.com/educate.html). Contact the company with particulars for information on volume licenses for student computers.
Andersson Technologies LLC
Andersson Technologies LLC is a boutique software firm located outside Philadelphia near King of Prussia, Pennsylvania and is headed by computer vision and robotics expert Dr. Russell Andersson. SynthEyes has been solving the toughest problems for visual effects professionals for 15 years, with customers in 90 countries.
For more information, visit Andersson Technologies LLC at https://www.ssontech.com.