- Ludicrous Speed Resonant Stress and Aerodamping analysis for turbomachinery applications: Release 7.0 takes the speed and accuracy of aerodamping and resonant stress analysis up a notch. With improved capabilities for aerodamping and flutter analysis calculation times can be dramatically shortened from a week or more, to turning around several calculations in 1 day.
- Exit Mass Flow Control: New in Release 7.0, users will be able to specify an exit mass flow target. Code LEO will then modulate the exit static back pressure until the flow rate is achieved.
- Paraview Integration: Release 7.0 also features improved integration with the open-source visualization tool, Paraview. By clicking a button, the ADS workbench can generate a 360 degree view, show slice views and blade views.
- OpenMP integration: Release 7.0 features the ability to apply additional threads to speed up the execution of a block. Speedups of nearly 3X have been achieved for 4 threads.
- User defined Turbulence Modeling: New in Release 7.0 is the ability to add your own turbulent viscosity model. Implemented as a dynamically load library, a user can develop their own turbulent viscosity module and replace the ADS provided one, simple as that!
Check out the full list of new technologies here.
“We continue to incorporate capabilities deemed of high importance to our turbomachinery clients,” said Bob Ni, chairman and CTO of ADS. “ADS CFD 7.0 offers a significant upgrade to our existing capabilities and enables our clients to further streamline aero analysis. The goal at ADS has always been to enable confidence in designs, and ADS 7.0 continues with that tradition.”
For more information about ADS or to register for a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.
ADS delivers aerospace-class CFD for the global turbomachinery industry. Built on the innovations of Ron-Ho Ni and rooted in decades of cutting edge aerospace application, the ADS CFD solution suite enables turbomachinery designers to tackle a wide range of compressor and turbine flow problems with confidence. The company is privately held and headquartered in Danville, CA.
For more information or to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.