Get your news on the premier news distribution service for computer
aided design, manufacturing and engineering.
TenLinks Daily reaches
every important industry magazine and newsletter plus every company in the CAD
industry -- and 16,000* other CAD professionals.
TenLinks places news on our site at
www.tenlinks.com and publishes the industry's most widely read and
newsletter, TenLinks Daily.
have news that is relevant to computer aided design (CAD), computer
aided engineering (CAE) or computer aided manufacturing (CAM), please send it to
We can read most common formats including MS Word, HTML and
Note that submission of news implies a transfer of copyright, and allows
TenLinks.com to use all materials submitted in any form.
Press Release Guidelines
What We Like
- Send graphics files with your news. We welcome graphics. We can handle most common graphic formats.
Please include captions with your graphics.
- Send your material by 7 AM Pacific Time (USA) for same day posting. News
received after this time may be posted in the next issue.
- Understand that TenLinks reserves the right to edit the news or press
release or not use it at all.
- Please take care with terms such as
"releases," "ships," "introduces," etc. Much of our news deals with
software updates and new products and companies have found many ways
to express the same meaning. In order to prevent confusion, TenLinks
has adopted the following definitions:
- Releases: Product is generally available to its intended
- Same as: ships, offers, launches
- XYZ Releases AcmeCAD v13 in Japanese.
- ABC Offers BestFEA Parts Library
- Introduces: Product is shown or described but not yet
- Same as: debuts, previews, plans
- XYZ to Introduce AcmeCAD at CADSHOW 2009
- ABC Plans Summer Release of BestFEA
What We Don't Like
- Don't send news through regular mail -- it is just too slow.
- Please don't send Adobe Acrobat files.
- Don't just send us a URL. We prefer to host the news on our
- Please don't send us embargoed news. Usually, if
we get news, we post it. We are not in the habit of storing news for
later delivery. With our daily deadline, embargoed news runs the
risk of being sent out prematurely or forgotten.
- Avoid long headlines. TenLinks will typically shorten or rewrite the headline and
subhead. Our headline limit is 58 characters (including spaces).
- Please avoid superlatives such as best,
number 1, leading, fastest, etc. Such claims can be hard to verify
and therefore are usually omitted.
- Don't send multiple press releases
about the same news. Sending the same press release to us
multiple times risks confusing our readers as well as hurts the
credibility of your company. If you'd like to highlight
different aspects about your products or services, please do it all
in one press release rather than with follow-on releases. TenLinks
may append follow-on releases to the original press release without
mentioning them in the daily news.
- Don't confuse press releases with
advertising. Press releases introducing products long before
shipment, notices of price cuts and "me, too" notices about trade show
appearances tend to not be viewed as hard news by our readers and
will be deemphasized, if used at all.
* February 2009 figure